Let's Celebrate Father's Day
It’s nearly that time of year to show your dad some love! Mother’s Day is a big occasion to be celebrated and research suggests, we as a nation spend more time and money on Mother’s Day, so let’s hear it for all the super hero dad’s, step dad’s, grandpa’s and father figures in your life and let’s make as big of a fuss of them.
I’m very lucky and extremely grateful to have my dad in my life, as I know many who don’t and it must be a very hard day indeed, as all those milestones are. We enjoy celebrating with a day out, spent with my dad and usually cook a roast dinner or BBQ depending on our good ole unpredictable Northern Irish weather. It’s hard to plan anything outdoors!
To celebrate Father’s Day on Sunday 20th June, yes that’s less than two weeks away, you need to get your skates on and get organised. I have some great Father’s Day gift ideas for under £10 which I recently did a post about on my Facebook and Instagram.
The East of India Collection never fails to disappoint with their beautifully handcrafted pieces such as the Wooden Hanging Sign with the loving quote ‘Dad is a very small word for such an amazing person’, at £8.95 and never a truer word.
If you’re looking for the cuteness overload then this penguin will get you in a flap, hanging wooden plaque with ‘FLIPPING LOVE YOU’, it will touch those heart strings every time at £9.95.
Does your dad have a bar (these have been all the rage during lockdown), outdoor space or man cave and enjoy a beer? Then this wee token gift is perfect for them, it’s a wee black hanging sign with the quote ‘It’s always BEER O’clock from the East of India range and it’s only £3.95.
Or if your dad would prefer a cuppa then this porcelain heart coaster with the saying ‘Family is not just an important thing, it’s everything' will be sure to melt his heart, coming in at £5.95.
If your dad loves a bar of soap, then this is ideal. The Deborah Neill Bloke Soap which has now been repackaged and is called ‘Cedarwood & Patchouli’ is made for men in mind, this luxury soap will gently exfoliate the skin with the addition of crushed vanilla pods whilst the rich oils and butters will leave the skim smooth, nourished and hydrated. Breathe in the calming and soothing essential oils whilst washing. Deborah Neill soaps are all totally 100% natural, sustainably made and lovingly handcrafted with no chemicals, preservatives, parabens, SLS or palm oil and are fully certified. Luxury for £6.95.
We have a lovely selection of Father’s Day cards from £2.50 and dinky wee signs which are perfect for placing into a card for a wee token gift for dad.
All these items and more are available on my online gift shop www.aweetoken.com. Free delivery locally to Bangor/Donaghadee, alternatively I can post to the UK, Ireland and Europe through Royal Mail.
Quality time is one of the best gifts you can give your Dad so here's ten things that you can do on Father's Day with your Dad:-
1) An evening playing your favourite board games with your Dad.
2) Prepare a special breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
3) Plan a family workout if your dad is into keeping fit. Something that you'll both enjoy doing together, like a bike trail or jog along the beach.
4) Make a picnic and take him out for the day, there's lots of local places to explore. For example, Orlock Point, Donaghadee. Flood Gates in Newtownards, Scrabo Tower, Newtownards, Cavehill, Belfast. The Mourne Mountains, Delamont Country Park and many more.
5) Host a lawn game tournament if your dad has a competitive side.
6) Take an adventure through the walks and trails of the beautiful National Trust, there are Mount Stewart, Castle Ward, Rowallane, Minnowburn, Mulough Nature Reserve, Gleno Waterfalls, Mussenden Temple, The Argory, Castle Coole, Portstewart Strand, Crom Estate, Florence Court, Ardress House. These are some of my favourite places. Check out their website www.nationaltrust.org.uk to find out more.
7) If the weathers not looking good, you could have a movie marathon of some of your dad's favourite films.
8) Encourage your dad to get creative by making crafts with him.
9) What about a spot of fishing?
10) Fire up the grill and show him your BBQ skills or Dad can show you how its done.
Whatever you get up to have fun and I wish all the father figures a very Happy Father’s Day on 20th June!