Plastic Free July has been going for 11 year now and provides resources and ideas to help you or your business to help reduce single use plastic in your every day life whether it be home, school, work.
This is a wonderful initiative to raise awareness and give people the opportunity to make small changes in their life which will make a difference in our communities. When you refuse single use plastic and start looking for alternatives, you'll be amazed at the habits you make for life.
A few simple ideas which you can look back on from one of my posts on Facebook or Instagram from last week are:
1) Bring your own reusable shopping bag and produce bags.
2) Say no to plastic straws they are just not necessary
3) Bring your own reusable tumbler for hot drinks on the go.
4) Buy a reusable water bottle and fill it before leaving the house to avoid buying single use plastic bottles.
5) Recycle your soft plastic waste if you do have any, most supermarkets like Asda, M&S and Sainsburys are ones which I know off and have bins for recycling soft plastics from toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, fruit and veg, frozen food packaging to name but a few.
At A Wee Token this is very important to me personally and within my business and I try and reuse, recycle as much as possible. Packaging I receive from wholesalers I reuse boxes, bubble wrap, paper wrap in my orders I am shipping. I buy paper tape for sealing boxes and adding addresses, I use compostable mailing bags.
We also stock some gorgeous reusable water bottles which can be used for hot or cold drinks from Sass & Belle.
We also stock some fun, brightly coloured beeswax wraps which come in different sizes for sandwiches, covering bowls or half used produce which keep them fresh, naturally antibacterial and reusable so you don't need to use cling film ranging from £12.
New stockist to A Wee Token are Eco Living with their range of eco friendly and sustainable products, such as bamboo cotton buds, washing up soap, washing up brush, bamboo toothbrushes and vegan toothpaste tablets.
And last but not least the beautiful fragranced vegan natural handmade soaps from Deborah Neill, all made with botanicals and essential oils to leave skin feeling clean and fresh with recyable packaging and Deborah even makes a shampoo/conditioner bar and facial soap to cleanse your skin and I can't recommend these highly enough. Its a must!
You can check out all these products and more on the website www.aweetoken.com.
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: beeswax food wraps, eco friendly alternatives, eco living products, plastic free july, reusable bottles and coffee cups, vegan natural handmade soaps